I think I now know what it feels like to be in summer intensive training for fall sports. (like a high school football player). I just took ibuprofen, nearly cried trying to sit down to go to the restroom. Hello quadriceps and butt muscles and everything in between. I have in my life never been this sore before. I ache….. but its good I suppose??? Maybe.
I could barely digest my dinner because my stomach and body muscles are so not used to this. A small recap of my day at yoga school: (you would probably be tired as well). So to bed it is… enjoy 🙂 Ps my head teacher is brilliant, incredible and smart and knows so much about the body and yoga…. awesome to learn from her.
- Wake up 5:15 am. Eat a banana and have a cup of green tea.
- 6 am.- 8 am. Two hour Ashtanga Full Primary Series yoga class. It takes two hours to finish this yoga series of poses. Ouch.
- 8 am. Shower my sweaty self.
- 830 am. Eat breakfast…. Super yummy all natural, organic, gluten free, dairy free foods. Its awesome.
- 10 am.- 12:30 pm.: Primary Series workshop: We are still on our mats, practicing positions and breaking down poses by the anatomy and position. Ouch still. Still breaking a sweat and exhausted.
- 12:30 pm: Lunch…. typically small because we have another two hour yoga class later.
- 1:00-3:00 pm: Two hour break, sleep, rest, lay in bed, check emails etc.
- 3:00 pm- 4:00 pm: Theory/ Yogic Anatomy/ Philosophy/ Learn the mantras (chanting)/ Break down history/ learn Sanskrit names of the poses/ Human anatomy……. the parts of the body that are moving when you do specific postures and positions. Adjustments etc.
- 4:00 pm- 6:00 pm Two hour Yoga Class…… Either Bikram (super duper hot, hold poses for long periods of time) or Vinyasa flow in a warm room (what I am used to practicing).
- 6:00 pm – 6:30 pm Meditation. Led through a meditation of things to think about and focus mind on etc. This has often led me to thinking of my kids and crying. (not normal at all).
- 6:30 pm Shower yet again my sweaty self
- 7:00 pm Dinner
- 7:30 pm Two hour movie/ watching a lady do the whole yoga practice
Looking forward to my bed at this very moment…. and when this is all over. Its getting better but still difficult… just missing Honduras a whole bunch.